Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mexico: Day 14 and going home!

I'm home right now! It feel really nice, and Sadie was soo happy.
Yesterday, I was still in Mexico City though. We went to the Zoo early in the morning but a lot of the animals weren't out... Especially the rainforest animals, like tapirs and jaguars. There were a lot of african animals and birds though. We first went in to the the butterfly and insect exhibit. I got to hold a scorpion. With the butterflies, we all got to release one that hatched from its cocoon recently.
There was a butterfly that got its wing stuck in a puddle and so I picked it up and let it dry off before putting it on a plant. 

There were a bunch of white ones that liked to land on my shoes, dunno why. 


I found a unicorn...

The bird section smelled horrible and the panda section was really empty.
Just for you, Julia
This monkey was adorable.
We walked around until about 3 in the afternoon. Then we went... Somewhere. I can't quite remember...
Maybe a market?
But it was closed?









After that we went to the popular art museum gift shot. Not the museum itself, just the gift shop. They had a bunch of cute (but expensive) things. My sister bought a straw pencil case.

After that we went back and packed. Our flight was at 7:50 in the morning, which is 5:50 here, so we had to get up at 4 AM (2 AM here).
The flights weren't bad, just long. Especially the second one, when I couldn't sleep. There was this indian family behind us with a baby that they kept talking to and it was squealing and stuff. Annoyinggg...

But now I am home and dreading school. Ah well.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, you're dreading school? Me too.

    Though now that I think about it, only 6 people that I really care about are not going to STEM. Which sucks a lot...

    Sigh... But why are you dreading school? It's not like you're losing your best friends... Well, except Divya and Eliza. You still have Anna, Mimi, Nicole, Emma...

    Well... School will be fun. Life won't be as boring as it was previously. You'll have dances and new people to make friends with... You'll have new teachers and new things to learn (never mind that crushing pile of homework that the teachers will pile upon you and make you sleep deprived and act like a zombie...).

    But seriously. School will turn out alright. We only have 3 years of it left, so work your way through that, and you're not required to go on, even if it is recommendable.

    (BTW if you get sick of RHS, you can always come to STEM.)

    ;)

    Good luck, my friend.

    ReplyDelete